The easy way to clean the solder from your 9th Gen CPU.
This requires a small amount of Liquid Metal or Galinstan (See our kit for this). The solder is liquefied by the Liquid Metal or Galinstan (Gallium actually does the work).
Removes all solder and only leaving the plating that Intel applies to help the solder bond to the silicon CPU die. This can be removed with metal polish such as Flitz
1. Delid in the normal way.
2. Tape the CPU into the socket of the delid tool.
3. Apply a small amount of Galinstan or Liquid Metal
4. Spread to cover the solder with Galinstan or Liquid Metal
5. Let stand for 10 to 20 minutes
6. Clean Galinstan / Liquid Metal and solder from CPU. Reapply if needed.
7. Nothing left but the plating applied to bond the solder.
8. Apply Flitz to remove the plating.
9. One clean CPU!!