Delidding requires that you remove your CPU from your computer. Please do this with care, and clean any thermal interface material off of your CPU before proceeding with the delid process.
Before you begin, prepare a work surface with all necessary supplies gathered.
An ideal work surface is clean, sturdy and well lit with plenty of space.
Please remember to always handle your Intel CPU with care!
- Rockit 88 and all included accessories
- Intel CPU
- Alcohol such as Isopropyl or Rubbing
- Paper Towels
- Cotton Swabs
- Thermal Interface Material ( TIM ) liquid metal types offer best performance
- Superglue (we use the thick/gel type from loctite)
- Tape (Scotch tape, or common office tape)
- Nail polish if you want to protect the electronics (not needed for Skylake CPUs)
- Felttip permanent marker